“Unraveling the Neuronal Circuits Underlying Female Receptivity” financed by Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT) (PTDC/SAU-NEU/098507/2008).
1. Duration: The Fellowship will have the duration of 18 months, starting on 01.07.2010, in exclusiveness regime, as regulated by the human resources of FCT (http://www.fct.mctes.pt/pt/apoios/forma ... oprojectos) and fellowships regulation of Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência (http://www.igc.gulbenkian.pt).
2. Subject of Activities: Use a combination behavioral, genetic, imaging and electrophysiological approach to determine how defined neural circuits and their activation elicit specific behaviors in Drosophila melanogaster.
3. Scientific Orientation: Innate Behavior Group – Maria Luísa Vasconcelos.
4. Selecting Criteria: We seek creative, highly motivated candidates with the ability to work independently and a strong background in molecular biology. Previous expertise in electrophysiological or imaging techniques is an advantage.
5. Month Stipend: According the regulations of the FCT Scientific Fellowships in Portugal (€1495/month).
6. Application Documents: Interested candidates should send CV, cover letter, and contact information of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Application Period: From 20.05.2010 until 20.06.2010.