Postdoc position on chromatin function in Giessen, Germany

A forum for posting or searching for job offers.
Forum rules
FlyBase does not endorse any job postings, other than its own, in this forum.

Postdoc position on chromatin function in Giessen, Germany

Postby bartk » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:44 am

Postdoc position available at the Institute for Genetics: Analysis of chromatin function in Drosophila

J U S T U S - L I E B I G - U N I V E R S I T Ä T G I E S S E N

Institut für Genetik, Fachbereich Biologie und Chemie, a full

Postdoc position

Is immediately available for three years accordingly to § 2 WissZeitVG and § 65 HHG with the opportunity for further education.

Responsibilities:
The person will carry out research on chromatin function in Drosophila supporting the project as outlined for the Renkawitz group within the Tranregional Collaborative Research Centre 81 (TRR81).
This person is expected to interact and cooperate with the other Drosophila groups of the TRR81 in Rotterdam and Marburg. Furthermore, teaching of PhD and Master students is part of the "Lehrverpflichtungsverordnung des Landes Hessen; § 65 HHG".

Requirements:
You are holding a PhD degree in the life sciences (biology) and are experienced with genetics and molecular genetics of Drosophila.
The university is an equal opportunity employer, and applications from women are encouraged. Applications from candidates with children are welcome - the university is dedicated to being family-friendly. Candidates with disabilities will be preferred if they are equally qualified.

Applications referring to file number 493/00203/08 and including a CV, a summary of previous studies and two names for reference should be sent by email to:

Rainer Renkawitz (rainer.renkawitz@gen.bio.uni-giessen.de)

Inst.f.Genetik
Heinrich-Buff-Ring 58
D-35392 Giessen

URL: http://www.uni-giessen.de/cms/fbz/fb08/trr81
bartk

Return to Job Postings