A highly motivated and energetic postdoctoral fellow is needed immediately to join the research lab of Dr. Li Chen in the Department of Pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Project description: Our laboratory studies use drosophila as a model system for understanding human neurological diseases, including Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, and a number of less common disorders. By expressing normal and mutant human proteins in flies, we recreate key features of the human neurodegenerative disorder. We exploit the genetic tools available in Drosophila to identify RNAs, proteins and cellular pathways controlling the pathogenesis and complement our findings with work in mouse and human tissue based systems.
• A Ph.D. or equivalent in the biological life sciences.
• Experience/Expertise in Drosophila Genetics and ideally a strong background in cell and molecular biology and neurobiology.
• An interest in translating an understanding of basic biological processes towards advancing our knowledge of human disease and therapeutic development.
• The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, display excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a desire to work with others on large projects.
• Chen L et al, J. Clin Invest, 119(11):3257-65, 2009
• Chen L and Feany MB. Nat Neurosci, 8(5):657-63, 2005
Please send your CV to Dr. Li Chen, MD, PhD, E-mail: email@example.com.