fly food

A forum for sharing and discussing experimental protocols.

fly food

Postby grosshans » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 am

Has anybody heard of problems with exposure to propionic acid while preparing the fly food?
We recently had an accident when a new co-worker prepared the fly food. The person got mucosa swellings in the mouth and respiratory tract, showed reduced sense of tasting and smelling. The person apparently got an exposure to fumes with propionic acid when filling the food pulp into the vials.
grosshans
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:58 am

Return to Experimental Protocol Questions