Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\dpps5
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0003075
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Allele class
Mutagen
Nature of the Allele
Allele class
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

Breakpoint allele.

Caused by aberration
Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

Adult dpps5/dpps22 escapers have wing and head capsule defects.

45% of dpps5/dpps11 animals develop as adults with head capsule and wing defects, while the remaining 55% die as larvae.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
NOT suppressed by
Statement
Reference

dpps5 has wing vein phenotype, non-suppressible by tkv4

dpps5 has wing vein phenotype, non-suppressible by tkv5

dpps5 has wing vein phenotype, non-suppressible by tkv427

dpps5 has wing vein phenotype, non-suppressible by Df(2L)tkv2

Other
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference

Double heterozygotes with E(tkv)D1D1, E(tkv)D2D2, MadD3, MadD15, MadD24, MadD14, gbbD4, gbbD8 or gbbD20 may show imaginal disc development defects. No interaction with tkv6, tkvD17 or MadD16 is seen in double heterozygous flies.

shn1/dpps5 flies have a terminal gap at the end of the fourth longitudinal vein.

tkv4, tkv5, tkv7, tkv427 and Df(2L)tkv2 fail to complement dpp short vein alleles for the wing vein defect.

Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Rescued by
Comments

The wing vein phenotype is rescued by the transgene carrying dpp7191.T:Ecol\lacZ.

Belongs to the shv-lnc class alleles. Fails to fully complement disk region mutants.

Allele class: shv-lnc

Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (0)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer
External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (3)
Reported As
Symbol Synonym
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (6)