Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\Scr2
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0015278
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Also Known As
Scrk6, EdK6, ScreK6
Key Links
Nature of the Allele
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Nucleotide change:

C6841841T

Reported nucleotide change:

C340T

Amino acid change:

Q114term | Scr-PA; Q114term | Scr-PB; Q114term | Scr-PD; Q114term | Scr-PE; Q114term | Scr-PF

Reported amino acid change:

Q114term

Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Cytology

Polytene chromosomes normal.

Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

Nucleotide substitution: C340T.

Amino acid replacement: Q114term.

Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Disease-implicated variant(s)
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

The head structures are severely disrupted in first instar homozygous larvae and the number of rows of T1 beard denticles is reduced.

Heterozygous males have a reduction in the number of sex comb bristles on the prothoracic leg compared to wild-type males.

Heterozygous males have a reduced number of sex comb teeth on the first leg (average is 6.3 per leg in these animals). Heterozygous males have no ectopic sex comb teeth on the second or third legs. ScrScx/Scr2 males have an average of 1.3 ectopic sex comb teeth per second leg and no ectopic sex comb teeth on the third legs.

pb27 Scr2 mosaic clones in the proboscis transform to an aristae and to a third antennal segment with second antennal segment bristle. Clones in the tarsus never exhibit transformation. Clones of pb27 Scr2 cells in the ectoderm (proboscis precursor cells) of pb27/pb20 mutants adopt tarsal identity and not aristal identity as in a pb+ organism. Mitotic clones in the tarsi of wild type do not exhibit transformation to aristae.

Salivary glands are absent at all stages of development.

Haplo-abnormal phenotype is suppressed by a duplication carrying Scr.

Heterozygous males exhibit a reduction in the number of sex comb teeth, indicating a homeotic transformation of prothoracic to mesothoracic leg identity.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
NOT Enhanced by
Statement
Reference

Scr2 has sex comb phenotype, non-enhanceable by Pcl10

Scr2 has sex comb phenotype, non-enhanceable by Pc4

NOT suppressed by
Statement
Reference

Scr2 has sex comb phenotype, non-suppressible by Pcl10

Scr2 has sex comb phenotype, non-suppressible by Pc4

Other
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference

pb27 Scr2 hth5E04 clones in the labium result in transformation of the labium to a compact leg appendage identified by claws and bracted bristles in 81% of cases, while in the remaining 19% of cases the transformed structure contains a mix of leg and antennal tissue.

pb27 Scr2 hth5E04 putp1 clones in the labium show transformation to antennal aristae in 76% of cases and mixed transformations are not seen.

pb27 Scr2 hth5E04 putp1 ssa clones in the labium show a fully penetrant transformation to stunted legs.

The average number of sex comb teeth per first leg Scr2/+ males is not affected if they are also carrying Pc4 or Pcl10.

Clones triple mutant for pb27, Scr2 and exd1 generated 30-60 hours after egg laying show transformations of arista to tarsus, antenna to second leg and rostrum to ectopic eye, with associated leg. Both pb27 and pb27, Scr2 clones of ectodermal proboscis cells adopt aristal identity. However, both pb27, exd1 and pb27, Scr2, exd1 clones of ectodermal proboscis cells adopt tarsal (second leg) identity. Clones of pb27 cells in the proboscis form sex combs. Clones of pb27, exd1 cells in the proboscis are transformed to tarsal identity and in addition they form sex combs. When the clones are of the genotype pb27, Scr2, exd1, no sex combs form.

Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Comments
Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (2)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer

Kaufman.

External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (8)
References (19)