|Feature type||allele||Associated gene||Dmel\CanB2|
|Also Known As||canB2EP(2)0774|
|Map ( GBrowse )||
|Allele class||loss of function allele|
What does this section display?
This section contains items that were added to this record for each release. It currently only tracks new links between this FlyBase report and other FlyBase data classes (e.g. genes, references, stocks) or controlled vocabulary terms (e.g. GO, anatomy terms).
What does this section not display?
This section does not currently display links that were removed or gene model changes.
Click the icon below to subscribe to this FlyBase record and receive updates automatically through your feed reader.
|All updates||Click here to see a list of all updates to this record from FB2010_08 and on.|
|Nature of the Allele|
|Mutations Mapped to the Genome|
|Associated Sequence Data|
|Nature of the lesion|
|Caused by insertion|
|Phenotype Manifest In|
Mature oocytes ofCanB2[EP774] germ-line clones appear to have normal metaphase I chromosome configuration. However, the laid eggs fail to hatch. The chromosomes in these eggs exhibit an arrested meiotic anaphase I-like configuration.
Over 70% of mid-stage CanB2EP774 pupae show collapse of all indirect flight muscles. In the remaining 30%, no pupa has more than 7 uncollapsed DLMs (dorsal longitudinal muscles, also known as dorsal medial muscles). CanB2EP774 indirect flight muscle tissues show a range of phenotypes. In CanB2EP774 adults, 20% of myofibrils have a wild-type appearance, ~40% exhibit no discernable filament structure in central regions but have some scattered organized filament patches at the periphery. The remaining mutant adults lack myofibrils with any recognizable structures. CanB2EP774 adult IFMs sometimes have short Z-bands and missing or partial M-lines, indicative of a reduction or absence of thick filaments. CanB2EP774 pupae show more severe phenotypes than adults, as their IFMs show no organized filament structure and their most severely-affected muscles have no Z-bands or any other sarcomeric structure markers.
Small numbers of CanB2EP774 animals survive to adulthood. These animals are flightless, with wings positioned at abnormal angles. In CanB2EP774 homozygous, CanB2EP774/CanB2180 and CanB2EP774/Df(2R)ST1 animals, large gaps or deletions occur in the centrally located dorsal medial muscle pairs. In most cases, one or more dorsal muscles are present, and on rare occasions, one or more ventral muscles. However, the dorsal ventral and trochanter muscle pairs are intact and normally arranged in these flies. In contrast to the precisely arrayed indirect flight muscles present in posterior thoraces of wild-type animals, the posterior thoraces of CanB2EP774 homozygous, CanB2EP774/CanB2180 and CanB2EP774/Df(2R)ST1 animals contain large, poorly defined muscle masses. Indirect flight muscle formation in CanB2EP774 homozygotes is normal in day 2 pupae. During pupal day 3 there is a slow, progressive retraction of the indirect flight muscles towards the posterior of the thorax after they initiate observable muscle contractions. By day 4 all dorsal medial muscle and dorsal ventral muscles are mis-located in a posterior thoracic position.
CanB2EP774/CanB2[+], Scer\GAL4how-24B/Scer\GAL4how-24B is a suppressor of lethal | pupal stage phenotype of Mmus\Ppp3caAct.Scer\UAS, Scer\GAL4how-24B/Scer\GAL4how-24B
|Phenotype Manifest In|
CanB2[EP774]/+ partially suppresses the female sterility associated with the overexpression of Pp2B-14D[act.Scer\UAS] under the control of Scer\GAL4[nos.UTR.T:Hsim\VP16].
fliI3; CanB2EP774 flies show a strong suppression of the indirect flight muscle collapse phenotype of CanB2EP774 single mutants. The majority of the DLM fail to collapse in the double mutants; all double mutants have at least 7 DLMs present, with some mutants exhibiting as many as 12 DLMs. However, these DLMs have smaller fibers than in wild type and often exhibit holes in the cytoplasm. Mhc5/+, CanB2EP774/+ double mutants show an increase in the level of severely-defective indirect flight muscles compared to Mhc5/+ single mutants (from 55 to 80%).
|Complementation & Rescue Data|
|Partially rescued by|
|Stocks ( 1 )|
|Notes on Origin|
|External Crossreferences & Linkouts|
|Synonyms & Secondary IDs ( 3 )|
|Secondary FlyBase IDs|
|References ( 5 )|
|Personal communication to FlyBase|