Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\csule00797
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0180303
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Also Known As
dart5-1
Allele class
Nature of the Allele
Allele class
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference
The PBac{RB}csule00797 insertion is located within exon 2. This results in the production of a truncated protein, due to the presence of multiple in-frame stop codons. This generates a protein without the methyltransferase domain.
Insertion components
PBac{RB}csule00797
Product class / Tool use(s)
Encoded product / tool
Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference
Progeny obtained from homozygous csule00797 mothers are sterile and agametic. Embryos from csule00797 mothers are devoid of pole cells. Homozygous csule00797 animals are completely viable and survive to adulthood. csule00797 mutants display no obvious locomotor defects at either larval or adult stages. There is no obvious degeneration or disorganisation of thoracic musculature in adult csule00797 mutants. csule00797 mutant testes contain fewer sperm bundles than in wild-type, and display a dramatic loss of organisation among the sperm bundles. The average bundle contains far fewer spermatid nuclei than in the wild-type control. The seminal vesicles of csule00797 males are almost completely devoid of sperm. Mutant csule00797 females are fertile, albeit with slightly reduced fecundity. When crossed to wild-type males, approximately 65% of the embryos hatch into larvae that develop normally into adult flies. However, all of these flies are agametic, and therefore sterile. The remaining 35% of the embryos display a variety of segmentation defects, as compared to wild-type. All embryos are completely devoid of pole cells.
External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
NOT Enhancer of
Statement
Reference
Other
Statement
Reference
Phenotype Manifest In
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Comments
Pole cells formed in csule00797 mutant embryos that express csulScer\UAS.T:Hsap\MYC under the control of Scer\GAL4nos.PG are functional. At 22oC, the rescue frequency is approximately 30%. Incubation at 29oC increases the rescue to approximately 70%.
Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (1)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer
External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (2)
Reported As
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (5)