Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.UAS
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0244341
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Allele class
Nature of the Allele
Allele class
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Carried in construct
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

UAS regulatory sequences drive expression of two inverted copies of a 551bp fragment corresponding to nucleotides 200-750 of Spn77Ba.

Allele components
Product class / Tool use(s)
Encoded product / tool
Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

Larvae expressing Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4da.G32 undergo spontaneous tracheal melanization.

Expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4Act results in melanisation of the tracheal system in larvae. The phenotype is first visible during the second or third larval instar and increases in intensity until the affected larvae die within a few days before reaching the pupal stage.

Expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS results in tracheal melanisation in larvae, pupae and adults. The animals all develop to the prepupal stage. Approximately 35% of prepupae or pupae show severe melanisation of the tracheal system. The remaining 65% are able to develop into adults, of which 96% show tracheal melanisation.

81% of flies expressing Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS are viable at 18[o]C, whereas all animals die before the adult stage if the animals also carry Spn77BaW7/+.

The melanisation resulting from expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS is first detected at a low level between tracheal cells and the overlying cuticle. As the amount of melanin increases, it spreads to encompass the epithelial layer occupied by the tracheal cells.

Flies expressing Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4c564 have a similar survival rate after microbial infection as control flies.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference

A Hayan1 mutant background suppresses the spontaneous tracheal melanization seen when Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS is expressed under the control of Scer\GAL4da.G32.

Bc1 does not suppress lethality or tracheal melanisation in adults caused by expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS.

The lethality and melanisation of the adult tracheal system caused by expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS is suppressed by co-expression of MP1dsRNA.Scer\UAS.WIZ.

Co-expression of MP1Scer\UAS.P\T.T:ea enhances the lethality caused by expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS.

Co-expression of Spn27AScer\UAS.cLa suppresses the lethality and tracheal melanisation caused by expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS.

The melanisation of the adult tracheal system caused by expression of Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS is not suppressed by PGRP-SAseml, psh5 or spz4.

The degree of melanisation seen in larvae expressing Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4btl.PS increases with greater microbial exposure.

Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Comments
Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (0)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer
External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (2)
Reported As
Symbol Synonym
Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.Scer\UAS
Spn77BadsRNA.WIZ.UAS
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (2)