- FlyBase Job Available | 15 Aug 16
- FlyBase developer position | 1 Aug 16
- New in Release FB2016_04 | 25 Jul 16
- Support Statement: D. Bilder | 22 Jun 16
- Video tutorials survey results | 23 Mar 16
- Article: Human disease portals | 8 Mar 16
- 2016 Release Schedule | 20 Nov 15
- NAR article: Gene Groups | 14 Oct 15
- Intro to R6 assembly | 19 Jan 15
From this point forward FlyBase will be providing Apollo viewable annotation data in chado-xml format only. The latest version of Apollo has been modified to retrieve annotation data via the web in this format. Therefore, we recommend that you upgrade to the latest available version of Apollo
We will no longer provide annotation data in GAME-XML format and while Apollo is still able to load and view existing GAME-XML data the data files must be available on the local machine as web retrieval of GAME files is no longer supported.
Please be aware that when Apollo is retrieving annotation data from the web it is obtaining precomputed chunks of xml. While the pieces have been generated to not span any gene models retrieval by sequence range may not result in the exact sequence requested being loaded into Apollo.
Please use the contact FlyBase form to send questions and requests for help to FlyBase.
FlyBase offers direct "linkouts" from our gene report pages to other web-based Drosophila data services. The FlyBase Consortium wishes to thank the organizers and developers of these data sets for helping us provide a great deal of valuable information on Drosophila genes and genomes.
- BDGP in situ Gene Expression Database (http://toy.lbl.gov:8888/cgi-bin/ex/insitu.pl)
- Drosophila melanogaster Exon Database (http://proline.bic.nus.edu.sg/dedb/index.html)
- Drosophila RNAi Screening Center (http://www.flyrnai.org/)
- FLIGHT - Integrating Genomic and High-Throughput data (http://flight.licr.org/)
- Fly GRID Interaction Data (http://biodata.mshri.on.ca:80/fly_grid/servlet/SearchPage)
- FlyMine - integrated genomics and proteomics (http://www.flymine.org/)
- NCBI Gene Expression Omnibus (GEO) (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/geo/)
- Heidelberg Database for RNAi Phenotypes (http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/signaling/ernai/ernai.html)
- Hybrigenics Drosophila PIMRider (http://pim.hybrigenics.com/pimriderext/droso/index.html)
- Yale Developmental Gene Expression (http://genome.med.yale.edu/Lifecycle/)
- InParanoid computed orthology calls (http://inparanoid.cgb.ki.se/index.html)
- PANTHER ClassificationSystem (http://www.pantherdb.org/)
In addition to these links FlyBase also provide direct links to the Drosophila records in the major international nucleotide, protein and bibliographic databases.