New Release: FB2014_04, released July 21st, 2014
Gene Model Status
- The gene has a current gene model‡ (indicated in the report by the presence of an annotation symbol and genomic map).
- The gene has a current gene model, but supporting data are either inconclusive or ambiguous. Please see "Comments on Gene Model" section of the Gene Report for further explanation.
- FlyBase annotators have determined that this gene model is incomplete due to genomic assembly/sequencing gaps or unidentified translation start sites.
- The gene had a gene model in a previous FlyBase release, but newer data do not support the existence of such a gene model.
- The gene doesn't have, and has never had, a gene model; the gene is inferred to exist from genetic data only.
Not Applicable (N/A)
- 'Gene model status' is not computed for the following types of gene records:
- ‡ In FlyBase, a gene model is the summation of the sequence level descriptions of the mature transcripts and, for protein coding genes, coding sequences and polypeptides encoded by an individual gene.