The importance of being FB2014_03
The current release of FlyBase (FB2014_03) is notable for a variety of reasons. First and foremost, this release contains annotation release version 5.57 of D. melanogaster, which will be the last version of the 5.x assembly. Starting with FB2014_04, we are migrating to release 6 of the BDGP assembly. See below for a full list of changes coming to FlyBase.
Important aspects of the FB2014_03 release include:
- Last Dmel annotation on the 5.x assembly.
- Last 5.x Dmel annotation submitted to GenBank.
- The web site and files from FB2014_03 will be frozen and accessible indefinitely.
Tools or features being retired after FB2014_03:
Migration Tools and Resources
- Our Coordinate Converter tool will be updated to convert from R5 -> R6 and R6 -> R5 coordinates.
- We will post liftover code at FlyBase @ GitHub, which can be used to convert your coordinates locally. This is useful for cases where you may have millions of coordinates to convert.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions, comments or suggestions.