Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Df(3R)e-D7
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
Deficiency (3R) ebony
FlyBase ID
FBab0002770
Feature type
Also Known As
Df(3R)eD7
Computed Breakpoints include

93C3-93C6;93F6-93F8

Sequence coordinates
Member of large scale dataset(s)
Nature of Aberration
Cytological Order
Progenitor
Class of aberration (relative to wild type)
Breakpoints

93C3-93C6;93F6-93F8

Causes alleles
Carries alleles
Transposon Insertions
Formalized genetic data

l(3)93Ca << bk1 << l(3)AFA7 << l(3)93Fa << bk2 << how

Genetic mapping information
Comments
Comments on Cytology

All limits from polytene analysis (FBrf0098832)

Sequence Crossreferences
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
Gene Deletion and Duplication Data
Genes Deleted / Disrupted
Genes NOT Deleted / Disrupted
Genes Duplicated
Complementation Data
Completely duplicated
Partially duplicated
Molecular Data
Completely duplicated
Partially duplicated
Genes NOT Duplicated
Complementation Data
 
Molecular Data
 
Affected Genes Inferred by Location
    Phenotypic Data
    In combination with other aberrations

    bap null embryos (Df(3R)e-F1/Df(3R)e-D7 embryos carrying tin+t10.7, referred to as "bapDf") show visceral mesoderm defects; the presumptive visceral mesoderm cells do internalise, but they show incomplete coalescence of the clusters during stage 11. At later stages, very few of the visceral mesoderm cells are attached to the endoderm. Cells which originate from trunk visceral mesoderm primordia fuse into syncytia of somatic muscles.

    Df(3R)e-D7/Df(3R)e-F1 embryos carrying a tin rescue transgene have an increased number of somatic gonadal precursor cells.

    NOT in combination with other aberrations

    In embryos homozygous mutant for Df(3R)e-D7 LVM founder cell migration initiates similarly to the wild type, but the tracks become progressively irregular during germ band retraction at stage 12. By the end of germ band retraction none of the cells have reached the anterior of the trunk.

    tin+t10.7 Df(3R)e-D7/Df(3R)e-F1 embryos lack muscle fibres at the position of the segmental border muscle (SBM) and have unfused myoblasts in or around the SBM position in 57% of hemisegments. In the remaining 43% of hemisegments, the muscle fibres lying within or close to the segmental borders have abnormal shapes and have insertion sites clearly distinct from those of the SBM. The lateral adult muscle precursors are absent or reduced in number, and the ventral adult muscle precursors are duplicated.

    Df(3R)e-D7 tin+t10.7 embryos do not form visceral mesoderm.

    Homozygous lethal.

    Stocks (0)
    Notes on Origin
    Discoverer
     
    Balancer / Genotype Variants of the Aberration
     
    Separable Components
     
    Other Comments
     
    Synonyms and Secondary IDs (4)
    References (30)