Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\fzy7
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0031376
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Mutagen
    Nature of the Allele
    Mutagen
    Mutations Mapped to the Genome
     
    Type
    Location
    Additional Notes
    References
    Associated Sequence Data
    DNA sequence
    Protein sequence
     
     
    Progenitor genotype
    Cytology
    Nature of the lesion
    Statement
    Reference
    Expression Data
    Reporter Expression
    Additional Information
    Statement
    Reference
     
    Marker for
    Reflects expression of
    Reporter construct used in assay
    Human Disease Associations
    Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
    Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
    Disease
    Evidence
    References
    Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
    Disease
    Interaction
    References
    Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
     
    Phenotypic Data
    Phenotypic Class
    Phenotype Manifest In
    Detailed Description
    Statement
    Reference

    Meiosis appears to be unaffected in eggs derived from fzy6/fzy7 females raised at the permissive temperature of 22oC.

    Eggs derived from fzy6/fzy7 females raised at the restrictive temperature of 29oC have defects in meiosis. 74% of these eggs contain two spindles near the cortex, indicative of a delay or arrest in meiosis II. In most cases, both spindles have two X-chromosome signals, indicating arrest in anaphase of meiosis II. The two X-chromosomes are often not aligned properly along the spindle axis, probably as a result of prolonged arrest. In rare cases, more than two X-chromosome signals per spindle are seen. One or more small spindles with associated chromatin are often seen near the two major spindles. 13% of embryos contain one or more spindles at the anterior cortex in addition to a polar body, suggesting partial completion of meiosis and only 6% of embryos appear to have completed meiosis. 8% of the eggs contain only a single spindle near the cortex, possibly indicating a meiosis I arrest.

    Embryos derived from fzy6/fzy7 females do not develop beyond the 2nd or 3rd nuclear division and their nuclei arrest at the metaphase-anaphase transition (FBrf0058082). These nuclei often contain an excess of microtubules in their spindles, and astral microtubules are often missing.

    At 25oC it is a pharate adult lethal, with macrochaetae and abdominal cuticle missing. At 18oC homozygotes are viable but female sterile, with normal eggs but embryos that fail to develop.

    External Data
    Interactions
    Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
    Phenotypic Class
    Phenotype Manifest In
    Additional Comments
    Genetic Interactions
    Statement
    Reference

    74% of eggs derived from fzy6/fzy7 ; cortQW55/cortRH65 females raised at 29oC contain two spindles, each with a single X-chromosome signal, indicating arrest in metaphase of meiosis II. The remaining 26% of eggs contain only a single spindle containing two X-chromosome signals, indicating an arrest in meiosis I.

    Xenogenetic Interactions
    Statement
    Reference
    Complementation and Rescue Data
    Comments
    Images (0)
    Mutant
    Wild-type
    Stocks (0)
    Notes on Origin
    Discoverer
    External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
    Synonyms and Secondary IDs (1)
    Reported As
    Name Synonyms
    Secondary FlyBase IDs
      References (8)