dLMO, hdp, dttg, fliH, LIM-only
Supported by strand-specific RNA-Seq data.
Shares 5' UTR with upstream gene.
Gene model reviewed during 5.50
Gene model reviewed during 5.46
Low-frequency RNA-Seq exon junction(s) not annotated.
Gene model reviewed during 5.45
Gene model reviewed during 5.44
Stop-codon suppression (UAA) postulated; FBrf0216885.
Gene model reviewed during 5.40
Click to get a list of regulatory features (enhancers, TFBS, etc.) and gene disruptions (point mutations, indels, etc.) within or overlapping Dmel\Bx using the Feature Mapper tool.
There are two major transcript classes and two promoters for Bx and they show differential expression. Transcripts initiating from the upstream promoter show expression in the wing disc which is restricted to the dorsal compartment and is observed in the wing pouch and notum. Transcripts initiating from the downstream promoter are detected in the wing dics only near the hinge on both the dorsal and ventral sides and are not detected in the notum.
There are two major transcript classes and two promoters for Bx and they show differential expression. Transcripts initiating from the upstream promoter are observed in the wing disc in the dorsal compartment and are also observed in the wing pouch and notum. Transcripts initiating from the downstream promoter are detected in the wing dics only near the hinge on both the dorsal and ventral sides and are not detected in the notum.
GBrowse - Visual display of RNA-Seq signalsView Dmel\Bx in GBrowse 2
hdp-a maps to the left of Bx3: 0.0045
Please Note FlyBase no longer curates genomic clone accessions so this list may not be complete
Please Note This section lists cDNAs and ESTs that fall within the genomic extent of the gene model, which may include cDNAs and ESTs of genes within introns, or of overlapping genes. Please see GBrowse for alignment of the cDNAs and ESTs to the gene model.
For each fully sequenced cDNA the DGRC maintains various forms of the cDNA (e.g tagged or untagged) in several different host vectors for subsequent cloning and expression in Drosophila and Drosophila cell lines.
Source for identity of: Bx CG6500
Annotations CG6500 and CG15048 merged as CG44425 in release 5.50 of the genome annotation. Merge supported by RNA-seq junction data.
The "mgg, maggot" complementation group does not correspond to Bx ("hdp" loss of function alleles of "Bx" complement the lethal "mgg" alleles), but rather to one of the two distal neighbouring genes, CG15042 or CG15047.
FlyBase curator comment: FBrf0104769 suggests that the "mgg, maggot" complementation group may be allelic to Bx (based on non-complementation of mgg[3E] with mutations generated by excision of insertions in the Bx region). However, FBrf0205286 shows that mgg mutants are not allelic to Bx, but rather mgg corresponds to one of the two distal neighbouring genes, CG15042 or CG15047.
At least three different genetic entities appear to have been designated "hdp" on the basis of similarity of phenotype and map position to the now-lost "hdp" of Fahmy and Fahmy (FBrf0063418). Deak (FBrf0030355) so designated "wup-A" of Hotta and Benzer (FBrf0024284). Lifschytz and Green (FBrf0033647) selected reversions and suppressors of "Bx", both of which had a "held-up" phenotype and were so designated. Engels and Preston (FBrf0035947) selected P-element induced sex-linked mutants with held-up wings; 93% are associated with chromosome rearrangements with one breakpoint in 17C2-3; the other 7% are not associated with rearrangements and act as suppressors of Bx1; the latter group of mutants complement both the other 93% of mutants recovered by Engels and Preston and those described by Deak. Lindsley and Zimm (FBrf0066905) resurrected the name "wupA: wingsupA" for the mutants studied by Deak anddesignated the Bx suppressors "hdp-a" and the mutants associated with 17C2-3 breakpoints "hdp-b". In addition Fahmy (FBrf0063418) describes "rwg": reduced wings, a mutant with the same map position and a slightly different phenotype from other held-up-like mutants; Lindsley and Zimm (FBrf0066905) arbitrarily designated it an "hdp-a" allele. Relation between "hdp-a" and "hdp-b" unclear, they are in the same polytene bands but complement each other completely. They are separated by Bx (Mattox).
Bx is required in motor neurons for normal fecundity and fertility.
S2 cells treated with dsRNA generated against this gene show reduced phagocytosis of Candida albicans compared to untreated cells.
Over expression 'Beadex' mutations and loss of function 'heldup-a' mutations affect the 3' regulatory and coding components, respectively, of the Bx gene.
Isolated from a genomic library using a human rhombotin cDNA fragment as a probe, under low stringency conditions.
Bx1 interpreted as mutation in cis-acting control element causing overproduction of hdp-a gene product. Tandem duplication of Bx+(e.g. Bxr) has recessive effect; tandem triplication and quadruplication have dominant Bx effects in combination with a normal X, but not in combination with "hdp-a" alleles or a Bx deficiency. Amorphic or extreme hypomorphic Bx mutations and deficiencies for Bx act as trans-suppressors of Bx1.