UASt sequences drive expression of baz, tagged at the C-terminus with GFP. The baz sequence corresponds to the complete coding region without the stop codon.
partially lethal - majority die, with Scer\GAL4VP16.mat.αTub67C
some die during embryonic stage, with Scer\GAL4VP16.mat.αTub67C
embryonic/first instar larval cuticle, with Scer\GAL4VP16.mat.αTub67C
plasma membrane, with Scer\GAL4ap.PU
Expression of bazScer\UAS.cSa.T:Avic\GFP under the control of Scer\GAL4ap.PU in cells in the wing imaginal disc results in ruffling of the plasma membrane.
Approximately 70% of bazScer\UAS.cSa.T:Avic\GFP (driven under the control of Scer\GAL4mat.αTub67C.T:Hsim\VP16) embryos complete embryogenesis, while the other 30% have head holes but exhibit an otherwise normal embryonic cuticle, indicative of normal epithelial polarity.