Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Xvas\XhoIUASp.Tag:Mito(kdn),Tag:MYC
Species
X. vasicola
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0323824
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Also Known As
UAS-mitoXhoI
Allele class
Nature of the Allele
Allele class
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Carried in construct
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

UASp regulatory sequences drive expression of XhoI that is tagged at the N-terminal end with the Tag:Mito(kdn) mitochondrial targeting sequence. The protein is also tagged at the C-terminal end with Tag:MYC.

Allele components
Product class / Tool use(s)
Encoded product / tool
Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

Expression of Xvas\XhoIUASp.Tag:Mito(kdn),Tag:MYC under the control of Scer\GAL4tim.PE (constitutively or in combination with tub-Gal80ts to restrict expression to the adult stage) leads to a significant reduction in the amplitude of locomotor activity rhythm (circadian rhythm) while its expression under the control of Scer\GAL4Pdf.PU does not lead to any changes in the amplitude of locomotor activity rhythm under constant darkness when compared to control adults. Also, expression of Xvas\XhoIUASp.Tag:Mito(kdn),Tag:MYC under the control of Scer\GAL4tim.PE leads to a significant decline of mitochondrial DNA in the adult head when compared to controls.

Expression of Xvas\XhoIScer\UAS.P\T.T:Mito-kdn,T:Hsap\MYC is embryonic/first instar larval lethal under the Scer\GAL4da.PU driver and pupal lethal under the Scer\GAL4VGlut-OK371 driver and the number of active zones in the neuromuscular junctions (NMJs) in third instar larvae is significantly decreased (while the number of boutons is not changed). The number and volume of presynaptic mitochondria at the NMJ is also strongly reduced relative to controls, however the ultrastructure of these mitochondria appear normal. Xvas\XhoIScer\UAS.P\T.T:Mito-kdn,T:Hsap\MYC expression affects mitochondria in other parts of the motor neuron as well: the cell body mitochondria are less reticular with more punctate morphology and both the number and volume of mitochondria in the distal axon is reduced, in the proximal axon the number of mitochondria is decreased but their volume is comparable to controls.

95% of animals expressing Xvas\XhoIScer\UAS.P\T.T:Mito-kdn,T:Hsap\MYC under the control of Scer\GAL4αTub84B.PL fail to hatch, and the remaining 5% die as first instar larvae.

Expression of Xvas\XhoIScer\UAS.P\T.T:Mito-kdn,T:Hsap\MYC under the control of Scer\GAL4ey.PB results in ablated or greatly reduced eyes.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Suppressed by
Other
Statement
Reference
Phenotype Manifest In
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference

The eye ablation phenotype caused by expression of Xvas\XhoIScer\UAS.P\T.T:Mito-kdn,T:Hsap\MYC under the control of Scer\GAL4ey.PB is completely suppressed if the animals also carry any one of mt:CoIA302T, mt:CoIR301Q or mt:CoIR301S.

Complementation and Rescue Data
Comments
Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (2)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer
External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (2)
Reported As
Symbol Synonym
Xvas\XhoIScer\UAS.P\T.T:Mito-kdn,T:Hsap\MYC
Xvas\XhoIUASp.Tag:Mito(kdn),Tag:MYC
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (5)