Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\EcR99
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0090693
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Key Links
Nature of the Allele
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

Imprecise excision of the P{lacW} element, resulting in a 1.2kb deletion.

Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Disease-implicated variant(s)
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

EcR31/EcR99 third instar larvae have slightly fewer Burs-immunoreactive CCAP neurons compared to wild-type controls.

EcR31/EcR99 mutants, that lack EcR-B isoforms, exhibit significant differences to EcRB2.Scer\UAS or EcRB1.Scer\UAS rescued lines. Complete lack of programmed cell death is observed in 18% of the EcR-B mutants central nervous system, and partial cell death in the remaining 82% of specimens. Overall, approximately 75% of Crz-expressing ventral nerve cord neurons do not undergo programmed cell death in EcR-B mutants.

Late stage EcR99/EcR31 larvae fail to pupariate normally, but become stationary at the end of the third larval instar and later complete apolysis of their larval cuticle. Pruning of the larval Tv-neurons is inhibited in these animals.

Most EcR99/EcRM554fs animals fail to survive to the second larval instar stage and few mutant animals survive to the 3rd larval instar stage. 65-80% of larvae arrested prior to the second instar stage have both 1st and 2nd instar mouth hooks, while those arrested prior to the third instar stage have both 2nd and 3rd instar mouth hooks. The changes in CNS morphology seen in wild-type animals between the time of pupariation and head eversion are seen in homozygotes arrested at late stages of development.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Comments

Expression of EcRB1.Scer\UAS or EcRB2.Scer\UAS, under the control of Scer\GAL4Crz restores complete cell death in in 73% or 87% of EcR31/EcR99 tissue, respectively, while four to eleven neurons are detectable in the remaining specimens.

Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (0)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer
External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (2)
Reported As
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (6)