Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\ptcH84
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0035473
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Also Known As
Ptc-lacZ, H84 ptc-lacZ
Key Links
Nature of the Allele
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

P{lacZ} has inserted into the 3' exon of ptc.

Insertion components
P{A92}ptcH84
Product class / Tool use(s)
Encoded product / tool
Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Disease-implicated variant(s)
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

ptctuf-1/ptcH84 flies have mildly reduced eyes but a highly enlarged head vertex. 90% of these flies have outgrowths of head cuticle and large numbers of missing, misplaced or ectopic head bristles with the remaining 10% having no outgrowths and one or 2 displaced or missing bristles. ptc559.1/ptcH84 flies have normal sized eyes and head vertex and a low incidence of ectopic or misplaced head bristles.

100% of ptchdl/ptcH84 transheterozygotes show head capsule defects. 4% of ptcH84/ptc559.1 transheterozygotes show head capsule defects.

An NB 7-3-like fate is formed ectopically in 50% of mutant hemineuromeres. 60% of EL cells are missing.

30% hemisegments exhibit failure of neuroblast NB4-2 to delaminate from the neuroectoderm.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Enhanced by
Statement
Reference
Phenotype Manifest In
Enhanced by
Statement
Reference
Suppressed by
Statement
Reference
NOT suppressed by
Statement
Reference

ptchdl/ptcH84 has head capsule phenotype, non-suppressible by Df(3L)H99

ptchdl/ptcH84 has head capsule phenotype, non-suppressible by smo1

Other
Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference

The addition of smo1 to ptcH84/ptc559.1 animals produces an enhancement of the head capsule defect phenotype. 35% of animals exhibit the phenotype, compared to 4%. The addition of smo1 to ptcH84/ptchdl animals has no effect on the head capsule defect phenotype. All animals continue to show the phenotype. 2% of ptcH84, smo1/+ animals show a head capsule defect. 5% of babo32, ptcH84 double heterozygotes exhibit head capsule defects. 10% of ptcH84, smo1/+, babok07737 animals exhibit head capsule defects. No ptcH84, put10460 animals exhibit head capsule defects. The addition of Df(3L)H99 of ptcH84/ptchdl does not suppress head capsule defects. The addition of baboQ302D.Scer\UAS (driven by Scer\GAL469B) suppresses the head capsule defect phenotype seen in ptcH84/ptchdl. None of these animals exhibit head capsule defects.

Simultaneous elimination of gsb, Df(2R)gsb, rescues the RP2 lineage in 70% of hemisegments.

Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Fails to complement
Comments
Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (0)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer
External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (2)
Reported As
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (13)