Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\Ca-α1DAR66
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0033484
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Also Known As
Dmca1DAR66
Nature of the Allele
Mutations Mapped to the Genome
 
Type
Location
Additional Notes
References
point mutation
Nucleotide change:

G16173759A

Amino acid change:

C629Y | Ca-alpha1D-PA; C629Y | Ca-alpha1D-PB; C629Y | Ca-alpha1D-PC; C629Y | Ca-alpha1D-PD; C661Y | Ca-alpha1D-PE; C136Y | Ca-alpha1D-PF; C136Y | Ca-alpha1D-PG; C136Y | Ca-alpha1D-PH; C136Y | Ca-alpha1D-PI; C136Y | Ca-alpha1D-PJ

Associated Sequence Data
DNA sequence
Protein sequence
 
 
Progenitor genotype
Cytology
Nature of the lesion
Statement
Reference

Amino acid replacement: C629Y. Residue resides in the transmembrane domain I-S1 closer to the extracellularside.

Expression Data
Reporter Expression
Additional Information
Statement
Reference
 
Marker for
Reflects expression of
Reporter construct used in assay
Human Disease Associations
Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Evidence
References
Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
Disease
Interaction
References
Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
 
Phenotypic Data
Phenotypic Class
Phenotype Manifest In
Detailed Description
Statement
Reference

In uncrowded conditions 48% eclose as adults although development is delayed by 1-2 days. Wings are usually unexpanded and many flies are found stuck in the food. The remaining 52% have difficulty eclosing and die as pharate adults. Transheterozygotes with Ca-α1DX7 are almost all able to escape the puparium but few transheterozygotes with Ca-α1DX10 succeed. A few homozygotes exhibit neurons in the longitudinal tracts that appear to stall at some of the commissures, forming nodular growths. Motoneurons in the SNb branch of the developing PNS also show stalling at stage 17. The defects may be due to a second lesion on the chromosome or generated by altered channel properties caused by the missense mutation.

Two-electrode voltage clamping of the larval body wall muscles demonstrates the total current is reduced in homozygotes, current is intermediate with wild type in heterozygotes. Total current is comprised of the A- and D-current, the D-current is significantly reduced by application of amiloride or inactivation of the A-current, A-currents remain unaffected. Mutant also exhibits a slowing of channel activation kinetics.

External Data
Interactions
Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
Phenotypic Class
Suppressor of
Statement
Reference

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of neuroanatomy defective phenotype of sei2

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of neuroanatomy defective phenotype of slo1

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of neuroanatomy defective phenotype of slo98

NOT Suppressor of
Statement
Reference

Ca-α1DAR66/Ca-alpha1D[+] is a non-suppressor of lethal phenotype of Cam7/Camn339

Phenotype Manifest In
Suppressor of
Statement
Reference

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of neuromuscular junction phenotype of slo98

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of NMJ bouton | supernumerary phenotype of sei2

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of neuromuscular junction phenotype of sei2

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of NMJ bouton | supernumerary phenotype of slo1

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of neuromuscular junction phenotype of slo1

Ca-α1DAR66 is a suppressor of NMJ bouton | supernumerary phenotype of slo98

Ca-α1DAR66/Ca-alpha1D[+] is a suppressor | partially of pupa phenotype of Cam7/Camn339

Additional Comments
Genetic Interactions
Statement
Reference

A Ca-α1DAR66 mutant background suppresses both type B and type M satellites in Ca-α1DAR66; slo1 or Ca-α1DAR66; slo98 double mutants nearly to wild-type levels. Such suppression in satellite formation leads to the morphology of these double mutants to resemble Ca-α1DAR66 single mutants.

A Ca-α1DAR66 mutant background suppresses both type B and type M satellites in Ca-α1DAR66; sei2 double mutants nearly to wild-type levels. Such suppression in satellite formation leads to the morphology of these double mutants to resemble Ca-α1DAR66 single mutants.

Ca-α1DAR66/+ has a slight suppressing effect on the Cam7/Camn339 phenotype; there is an increase in the pupal length:width ratio, but none of the pupae eclose.

Xenogenetic Interactions
Statement
Reference
Complementation and Rescue Data
Rescued by
Comments
Images (0)
Mutant
Wild-type
Stocks (0)
Notes on Origin
Discoverer

S. Roth.

External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
Synonyms and Secondary IDs (2)
Reported As
Symbol Synonym
Ca-α1DAR66
Name Synonyms
Secondary FlyBase IDs
    References (7)