Open Close
General Information
Symbol
Dmel\edlF20
Species
D. melanogaster
Name
FlyBase ID
FBal0043011
Feature type
allele
Associated gene
Associated Insertion(s)
Carried in Construct
Key Links
Mutagen
    Nature of the Allele
    Mutagen
    Mutations Mapped to the Genome
     
    Type
    Location
    Additional Notes
    References
    Nucleotide change:

    A4074606T

    Amino acid change:

    K63term | ed-PA; K63term | ed-PB; K63term | ed-PC

    Reported amino acid change:

    ?63term

    Comment:

    Site of nucleotide substitution in mutant inferred by FlyBase based on reported amino acid change.

    Associated Sequence Data
    DNA sequence
    Protein sequence
     
     
    Progenitor genotype
    Cytology
    Nature of the lesion
    Statement
    Reference

    Amino acid replacement: ?63term.

    Expression Data
    Reporter Expression
    Additional Information
    Statement
    Reference
     
    Marker for
    Reflects expression of
    Reporter construct used in assay
    Human Disease Associations
    Disease Ontology (DO) Annotations
    Models Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
    Disease
    Evidence
    References
    Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
    Disease
    Interaction
    References
    Comments on Models/Modifiers Based on Experimental Evidence ( 0 )
     
    Disease-implicated variant(s)
     
    Phenotypic Data
    Phenotypic Class
    Phenotype Manifest In
    Detailed Description
    Statement
    Reference

    Homozygous embryos (lacking zygotic ed function) show no obvious tracheal defects.

    Eggs produced by females bearing edlF20 mutant follicle clones show groups of eggshell imprints with a smooth border. The smooth borders occur between the mutant follicle cells and adjacent heterozygous or homozygous wild-type cells, but the borders of mutant cells within clones appear normal. The smooth clone border phenotype is only observed at the apical side of the epithelium, while the basal aspect of the clone displays no obvious phenotype. The apical clone circumference is markedly reduced relative to the basal circumference, consistent with the presence of a contractile actin cable. Adherens junctions are destabilized at the border of the mutant clones.

    The smooth clone border phenotype is completely penetrant in early stage egg chambers with edlF20 clones. During stage 10, the border appears wild type, consistent with a disappearance in ed expression in wild-type cells at this stage. By stage 11 the phenotype reappears and persists for the rest of oogenesis.

    edlF20 embryos from edlF20 germline clones (lacking both maternal and zygotic contributions of ed) exhibit defective dorsal closure. These embryos exhibit apparent irregularities in the progression of the leading edge during dorsal closure. The actomyosin cable that forms during dorsal stages in wild-type embryos fails to assemble in edlF20 embryos and the dorsal epidermis appears to buckle towards the amnioserosa in edlF20 embryos, suggesting that a lack of tension prevents the formation of a taut interface with the amnioserosa. The dorsal movement of the lateral epidermis is delayed compared with wild-type embryos, and discontinuities and puckering at the dorsal midline and misalignment of opposing segments are ultimately observed.

    The number of macrochaetae/heminotum in edslH8/edlF20 mutants is - anterior+posterior notopleural: 2.04, presutural: 1.19, anterior supraalar: 1.07, posterior supraalar: 1.06, anterior postalar: 1.87, posterior postalar: 2.09, anterior+posterior dorsocentral: 2.54 and anterior+posterior scutellar: 3.24. 80% of edlF20 embryos derived from females carrying homozygous germline clones have ventral holes in the cuticle, while the remaining 20% show fusion of ventral denticle belts.

    External Data
    Interactions
    Show genetic interaction network for Enhancers & Suppressors
    Phenotypic Class
    Enhancer of
    Statement
    Reference

    ed[+]/edlF20 is an enhancer of visible | dominant phenotype of EgfrE3

    Suppressor of
    Statement
    Reference
    Phenotype Manifest In
    Enhancer of
    Statement
    Reference

    ed[+]/edlF20 is an enhancer of eye phenotype of EgfrE3

    Suppressor of
    Statement
    Reference
    Additional Comments
    Genetic Interactions
    Statement
    Reference
    Xenogenetic Interactions
    Statement
    Reference
    Complementation and Rescue Data
    Images (0)
    Mutant
    Wild-type
    Stocks (0)
    Notes on Origin
    Discoverer
    External Crossreferences and Linkouts ( 0 )
    Synonyms and Secondary IDs (1)
    Reported As
    Name Synonyms
    Secondary FlyBase IDs
      References (5)