Q966term | Utx-PA; Q769term | Utx-PB; Q769term | Utx-PC; Q960term | Utx-PD; Q764term | Utx-PE
The position of the mutation was reported relative to isoform Utx-PA. Site of nucleotide substitution in mutant inferred by FlyBase based on reported amino acid change.
The frequency of eye tissue to antenna-like malformed structures transformation in adult flies expressing TAF1BdsRNA.Scer\UAS under the control of Scer\GAL4ey.200.Exel is increased by combination with a single copy of Utx1.
Scer\GAL4ey.PH-mediated expression of DlScer\UAS.cDa, psqGS88A8 and lolaGS88A8 causes mild overgrowth of the eye (the 'eyeful' phenotype) at 18[o]C. This phenotype is enhanced by heterozygosity for Utx1 : approximately 80% of flies show enlarged ventral halves of the eyes, while the remaining 20% have ventrally located outgrowths and ectopic eye tissue.
MARCM clones of DlScer\UAS.cUa in Utx1 mosaic eyes result in massive overgrowth of the adult eye and head. The overgrowth is so strong that only a few mosaic flies are recovered as adults; most die at pupal stages.